Android Developer | Porto, Portugal
Intermediate | Senior
- Porto, Portugal
Android Developer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and accomplished engineer with an unwavering commitment to high-quality software and strong skills with object-oriented development and design patterns. Together you will be working on big, meaningful technical challenges aimed at driving the uptake and use of the app by travelers before, and during their trips.
You will help us improve and grow the world’s top-ranking hostel booking application, which has already accrued over 2 million downloads on Android alone.
As an Android Developer you’ll:
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Coding practices.?
- Collaborate with the Product, Design, and QA teams during feature development
- Participate in Code Reviews.?
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong application architecture, development of best practices, and new technologies.
- Maintain build systems and write unit tests.??
- Be an active contributing part of an agile development team (daily stand-ups, weekly planning meetings, retrospectives, etc.)
- Requires 3+ years of software development experience, the last 2+ of which are dedicated to mobile;
- Have an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture, including unit testing and integration testing;
- Experience in the latest Android SDK, OS features and technology roadmap;?
- Understand and utilize Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices;
- Have a high proficiency in Java, Kotlin a big plus;
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously;?
- Knowledge of the principles of good user interface design, specifically mobile;
- Experience with RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit;
- Experience developing and integrating with APIs;
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, test and debug existing codebases Strong analytical and problem-solving skillset;
- Experience with version control systems e.g. GIT/Mercurial;
- Personal Qualities;
- A friendly, positive and enthusiastic person who can work as part of a diverse team;
- Adaptable and hardworking;
- Positive and always approachable;
- Willing to take on a new intellectual challenge with a positive attitude;
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Team player;
- Thrives in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience designing and launching highly rated native apps to a large consumer audience is a big plus;
- Experience with android testing frameworks like Espresso;
- Experience with Scrum / agile methodologies;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar.
Cross Border Talents is recruiting an Android Developer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.