Cross Border Talents is searching for an Automotive Quality Engineer for our client in Brussels, Belgium.
In a first phase you will contribute to the development in compliance with the IATF 16949 and ISO26262 standards, of the existing QMS tool:
- You will be responsible to ‘run the day-to-day’ of the Quality Management System (based on ISO9001:2015 and compliant with the automotive IATF 16949 and ISO26262 standards) inside SDS and be the local company's representative.
- You will report to the Sr Quality Manager.
- You will contribute to the implementation of effective, efficient, and documented Quality Systems throughout the organization compliant with IATF 16949 and ISO26262 standards
- You will develop, implement and update Quality procedures and forms, including training for quality procedures for new and existing products in conformance to IATF requirements
- You will monitor quality metrics and drive continuous improvement using Quality tools such as problem-solving,
- Learn techniques, and 8D facilitation
- Ensure the effectiveness of corrective actions
- You will drive the 8D process when required, provide guidance on true root cause identification and effective corrective actions
- You will maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices;
- Coach members in the proper facilitation and use of FMEA (DFMEA/PFMEA tools).
- You will represent the quality group as dedicated to problem-solving, process improvement, teamwork and ensuring conformance to quality systems
- You will contribute to the design, implement and deployment of the IATF system, covering activities and aspects of the R&D organization; from prototyping up to product development and maintenance for IC sensors, ideally SW and potentially the full system stack including IC’s, modules, system and low-level drivers, middleware, computer vision, and embedded SW solutions.
Later on, you will also contribute to maintain and keep up to date the QMS in compliance with the IATF 16949 and ISO26262 standards, following evolutions in Standards and possible evolutions in the organization, type of product developments and target markets to be covered.
The day-to-day work will include tasks as following examples:
- When implemented, you will ‘run the day-to-day tasks of the deployed QMS
- Communicating and working together with R&D organization to review the product quality and pass the Design Review gates prepare quality reports, to be shared internally with the Quality organization.
- You will participate in the necessary audits onto the SDS organization, this together with the Quality Manager, and in collaboration with Sony’s Quality organization.
QMS for all R&D activities inside SDS, which covers developments of IC, Hardware modules, system implementation and drivers, Middleware, Computer vision, and embedded Software
The system in compliance with the automotive IATF 16949 and ISO26262 standards for IC sensors, ideally SW and potentially full system stack
Products in development before mass production release: be the quality gate at each DR stage of the design process
- Master Degree in Engineering;
- Fluent English;
- Eligible to work in Belgium;
- Experience in Semi-conductor and/or computer vision industry;
- Several years of experience of high technology product development in a virtual team context is a plus;
- Practical experience with IATF 16949 Management System;
- Participating and/or conducting IATF audits;
- You have in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge about IATF16949 Management System;
- You have technical knowledge of relevant technologies used in design and validation;
- You have knowledge in R&D development process flow of IC sensors and of SW libraries;
- You have knowledge in Methodologies and Tools for Sensors Design and Test;
- You have knowledge in failure analysis techniques and methods (8D, fishbone, … IC failure analysis tools … );
- You have knowledge in Quality tools such as problem-solving techniques, process improvement methods;
- You have good knowledge of office software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- International business travels: Estimated at 10% of working time.
- Competitive salary
- Food allowance
- Health insurance with no costs (+ available for family);
- 100% reimbursement of public transport or choice for a company car (+ fuel card) in exchange with 300€ gross salary;
- Group insurance (incl. pension plan);
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.