Back Office RAN Engineer - NK | Lisbon, Portugal
Back Office Engineer
- Lisbon, Portugal
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Back Office RAN Engineer to work in Lisbon, Portugal.
WHY JOIN US
Reporting to the project manager, the role holder will be technically competent in their area of BTS/RBS Commissioning and quality checks. This will include, but not limited to scripting, configuration, transmission, integration, data building, troubleshooting & maintenance, data quality checks on Telefonica’s network (2G, 3G and 4G). May be requested to participate in weekend work or extended hours. The role holder will demonstrate professionalism and flexibility when contacting internal & external personnel.
- Responsible for working alone or in a small team;
- Following the correct procedures at all times;
- RAN node configuration, integration, and migration;
- Knowledge on 2G, 3G and 4G RAN network for troubleshooting and field engineer assistance;(Nokia and Ericsson vendors) & SIU (Ericsson)
- Quality checks on submitted handover packs;
- Knowledge on 2G, 3G and 4G (Nokia and Ericsson vendors); SIU network for troubleshooting and Field engineer assistance.
- Nokia NetAct;
- Configuration deployment using CM Editor & CM Operations Manager;
- Transmission migrations relating to RAN nodes;
- DX200 and IPA2800 experience (MML);
- Commissioning on Nokia 2G/3G/4G base station products;
- Nokia BTS manager;
- In-depth troubleshooting on Nokia 2G/3G/4G base stations;
- Scripting and data build / maintenance configuration and troubleshooting;
- Understanding of IP subnetting, routing and routed protocols;
- Knowledgeable and highly-experienced, proactive maintenance on multi-customer, multi-technology networks.
- 5+ years of Telecom integration and operations experience
- 3+ years of LTE RAN Integration and technical support experience
- Use and understanding of Nokia Reporting Suite
- Ericsson Based OSS RC. (AMOS, MO Shell, Element Manager RBS ERBS, BSIM, PCA, bulk Export/Imports)
- Ericsson ENM(CLI)
- Commissioning on Ericsson 2G/3G/4G base station products (DUS 4G
- Baseband/ DUW 3G Baseband /DUG 2G Baseband / Baseband 5000 Series/ RBS Series 6000)
- SIU XML creation and understanding of the MO structure
- 2G 3G and 4G architectures, end to end understanding of connectivity to OSS, SMRS, SecGW, RNC and BSC
- Experience with creation of scripts for the integration of Ericsson eNodeB new sites, migrations, and carrier-adds
- Experience performing integrations in O2, VF, EE or MBNL RAN
- Experience with scheduling and managing integration and troubleshooting activities
- Experience with creation of methods of procedures for integration tools and integration activities
- Ability to train and support uses of integration tools
- Strong technical writing skills
- Be a team player. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support
- Attention to detail and accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; maintain high levels of concentration
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Communicative and open in all working relationships
- Ability to solve problems using a logical and systematic approach
- Ability to articulate and express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others
- Ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge of technologies such as wireless/cellular RAN architecture, radio principles, legacy radio and transmission products and services
- Ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a comparable role;
- Telecoms based college or university qualification;
- Written and spoken English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science Engineering;
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science Engineering;
- >5 years’ experience in a comparable role;
- Fully conversant with analytics and new technologies, strong knowledge of industry trends including products and services on multivendor core business;
- Sound methodical skills with attention to detail and process requirements;
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure timely deliveries;
- Comfortable with working with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment of a global matrix organization with sensitivity and partnering;
- High energy, initiative, enthusiasm and persistence.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.