Backend Developer Java | Czech Republic, Prague
Intermediate | Senior
- Prague, Czech Republic
Backend Developer, Java to work at one of our Clients in Prague, Czech Republic
- Supports the department’s strategy to achieve the company’s mission and core objectives.
- Ensures that the features developed by the team will be smoothly deployed to operators.
- Follows policies, procedures and standards relating to the team.
- Attends, and participates in staff meeting and related activities.
- Constantly notifies management of projects status, especially in the case of delays or additional risks.
- Coordinates with Business Analysts to gather requirements.
- Create design, architecture and/or implementation documents for new features built by the team.
- Implements new features.
- Maintains and enhances the backend system used by operators to control the casino.
- Integrates payment processing solutions into the casino software.
- Attends and actively participates in code reviews.
- Assist the QA team during the validation process.
- Develops and reviews unit tests.
- Tests and debugs code.
- Completes logistical tasks accurately and on-time.
- Troubleshoot issues in the field.
- 5+ years of object oriented design and development.
- 5+ years of experience in core technologies: Java, Kafka, and Flink or Spark – MUST.
- 5+ years working with SQL Server/Postgres – MUST.
- 3+ years of experience in NoSQL such as Cassandra, MongoDB or similar technology – MUST.
- Micro services development experience - A MUST.
- 2+ years of experience with Linux.
- 2+ years working with .NET (Advantage).
- 2+ years of development using DB (RDBMS, NoSQL) and caching (e.g Redis) solutions, Have experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
- Gambling industry experience - A huge advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.