Civil Project Engineer | Antwerp, Belgium
- Antwerp, Belgium
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Project Civil Engineer to join one of our Clients in Antwerp, Belgium.
As a civil project engineer you’ll have to report to the project manager and you’ll be responsible for undertaking civil design reviews in accordance with appropriate technical standards and specifications associated with the services provided by the Engineering Contractor.
Responsibilities as the Project Civil Engineer:
- Stimulate, challenge and support the engineering contractor to strive for simple solutions and to avoid unnecessary changes
- Be sure that the As-Built documentation is reviewed correctly
- Follow up the development of the execution schedule to ensure timing and sequence
- Check both the insurance and bid analysis for correctness
- Have responsibility for the contractor’s deliverables
- Ensure good relationships with contractors, partners, vendors,…
- Support and implement the use of Common Engineering Specifications.
- Ensure that safety regulations are followed by externals
- Have full knowledge of the Feasibility and Final Study Engineering package
- Prior to commencing work, agree with the Project Manager the proposed budget, for his department, for the work to be undertaken
- Attend internal/external design reviews and other meetings, as necessary
- Give the appropriate feedback to the workground
- SHE responsibilities:
- Conduct or coordinate with HSE Design Conference, HSE Design reviews during the course of the Project.
- Issue near miss reports when appropriate
- Conduct observation tours throughout the construction, commissioning and start-up period.
Your Profile as the Project Civil Engineer:
- Master degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of working experience
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Previous knowledge of Civil installations
- Technical experience, preferably in a maintenance or Project environment working with Contractors.
- Comprehensive Onshore Construction and investment
- Working experience in a multicultural environment
- Experience of polymerisation plants is important
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2018, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.