Connectivity Design Engineer | The Netherlands
Intermediate | Senior
- the Netherlands, The Netherlands
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Connectivity Design Engineer to join our client in the Netherlands.
As a Connectivity Design Engineer, your mission is to specify, design, realize and maintain electrical infrastructure and electrical (sub) modules for existing products.
The Electrical Connectivity Engineer is coordinating and interacting with Electronic engineers and responsible for the following:
- Management of the electrical interfaces in the product between modules through maintenance and creation of:
- Detailed wiring diagrams; describing all the electrical connections within the (sub) system in detail;
- Cable overview; giving the overview of all the cables within the (sub) system;
- Documenting the various mains distribution and safety handling infrastructure that meet the international standards on electrical safety;
- Translating machine layout knowledge, connectivity requirements and design specifications into machine infra design.
- Participating in realization of electrical products by e.g.:
- Contributing to the functional specification (EPS), test specification (TPS), design specification (EDS) and qualification document (TAR) of the electrical infrastructure and electrical (sub) modules.
- Collaborating with Electro Mechanical Engineers and Infra Integrators to ensure electrical product requirements and proper implementation in the material management system (SAP).
- Cables, racks, cabinets, electronics units, connection boxes, connection plates, back panels, PLC units, fan units, computational racks, etc.
- Bachelor degree (HBO) in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience
- Multiple years of practical Electrical system design in a similar function, operating in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ample technical knowledge of cabling concepts, connectivity concepts, EMC, electrical safety and electronics.
- Proficient in general electrical engineering principles and electrical development methods and processes.
- Proficient in electrical connection methods, AC mains power and DC power distribution and signal transmission.
- Familiar with EMC and electrical safety (International (IEC) standards, US standards (NFPA, UL)
- Familiar with electrical infrastructure design and the ability to set up cabling concepts.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuitry and power electronics is an advantage.
- Printed circuited board design preferable with the mentor graphics tool suite is an advantage.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills;
- Structured and systematic approach, with an eye for quality and details.
- Self-propelling; takes initiative/ownership in daily work.
- Pragmatic, responsible, analytical and problem-solving attitude.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.