Data Architect to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal
Our client is looking to support the Data Analysts by providing an efficient Data Warehouse with support and guidance on SQL queries, performance optimization, and best practice.
You will be responsible for assisting users to be more efficient with their querying needs, ensuring that the Data Warehouse constructs provide optimal data structures for querying and reporting. Disciplines include Data Warehouse design and implementation, SQL query and Server optimization and reporting and analytics.
As a Data Architect you’ll:
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Review and understand business requirements to guide the creation of a comprehensive, coherent, and effective overall data architecture
- Responsible for designing and implementing detailed data warehouse models and data mappings.
- Perform performance optimization and tuning on new and/or existing data warehouse implementations.
- Maintain and develop various database scripts and tools to facilitate the automation process.
- Partner with business groups to gather, refine and document requirements for reporting projects (Including Data Warehouse, ETL and Reporting Platform changes).
- Be involved in the development lifecycle of all reporting projects (ETL, Database and Analytics)
- Implement continuous review and improvement of recurring SQL processes, ensuring maximum throughput, efficiency, and data quality, liaising with the DBA, and other relevant parties as needed.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance with respect to data warehousing best practices and quality documentation and controls.
- Provide overall guidance to stakeholders with regards to creative data profiling and integration recommendations.
- Provide detailed documentation, end-user training and knowledge-transfer services to internal customers.
- Computer Science related degree or equivalent qualification
- 3 plus years working with a large-scale Enterprise MS SQL Server implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of Data Warehousing design, development and management processes.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, effective knowledge-sharing skills and decision-making abilities.
- Fluent English is essential (both spoken and written)
- Experience in ETL technologies and concepts desirable
- Experience of Tableau, Hadoop desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of writing and optimizing SQL queries within MS SQL Server, design and implementation of a multi-dimensional Data Warehouse.
- Practical understanding of multidimensional modeling, Data Warehousing concepts and methodologies, star/snowflake schemas, and how BI tools interact with the underlying data structure and Metadata.
- Excellent analytical /problem-solving ability.
- Flexible and adaptable in the approach to address customer and business needs
- Desire to learn about cutting edge technologies and apply them to our systems.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Data Architect to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.