Desktop Support Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal
Our client is looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, passionate Desktop Support Engineer with practical experience of supporting a Microsoft Desktop and Apple OS X estate to join their highly skilled Corporate Support Team. The team’s role is to provide, support, maintain and improve Corporate IT services to our colleagues.
You will have an eye for detail with the drive and ability to proactively fix issues before they cause problems.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
Responsibilities and Activities:
- To function as the primary site contact for all Corporate IT issues;
- Providing deskside and remote support for our users globally;
- Managing 1st line Corporate IT incidents to resolution;
- Assist in rollouts/deployments of new software/hardware/ Operating;
- Systems within the Corporate estate;
- Assisting with project work.
- Tech Graduate with minimum 3+ years of experience in Desktop Support or similar role;
- MS Qualification desirable;
- Strong Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave;
- Microsoft Office 2013 - 2016;
- Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD;
- Office 365 enterprise suite;
- Experience with various types of desktop hardware (Lenovo, Dell, Apple);
- Network printing;
- Structured cabling;
- A solid understanding of network connectivity and how it pertains to end-user computing;
- Experience with firewalls is an advantage.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving ability;
- Flexible and adaptable in the approach to address business needs;
- Desire to learn about cutting edge technologies and apply them to our corporate systems;
- Ability to work under your own initiative or as part of a team.
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Desktop Support Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal.
A key role within the team, the responsibility of this role is to provide 1st and 2nd Line desktop support to the business. In addition to demonstrating the technical abilities needed for this role, the successful individual needs to be able to multi-task, manage their workload, be a good communicator, set and manage expectations and be a pro-active team-player.
Located in our Porto office, You will work with all users throughout the business to ensure any issues they have are resolved as quickly as possible with as little disruption to service as possible. You should be comfortable with helping users with a mixed level of technical knowledge and will be focused on incident resolution and root cause identification. An excellent communicator with a keen focus on customer service is a key requirement.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.