Electrical Designer | Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Intermediate | Senior
- Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Cross Border Talents is recruiting an Electrical Designer to join our client in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Our client R&D department has a simple and ambitious goal: to make the best Image Chain in the world which includes X-Ray, imaging data processing, data&video networking and display functionality. This role will specially focus on PC’s and video/Data networking. Involved parts are custom specific developed by (international) partners, or just COTS products.
The Key Areas of Responsibility for the electrical designer are:
- Responsible for requirements, design, implementation, test and integration of his unit in accordance with the higher level Requirement and - Design specifications / architectures including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meet the product specification.
- Understands and communicates the consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
- Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design.
- Defines, executes and takes the lead in concept and feasibility studies with a limited scope to investigate the usability of new technologies.
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
- Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure, the planning process of his, her area.
- Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
- Inspired to get the job done.
- Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department.
- Bachelor degree (Dutch: HBO) in Electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
- At least 3 years of similar experience.
- Excellent communication skills to be the technical contact towards our design partners and/or suppliers. This includes together with our supplier (but each with his own responsibility and ownership) the alignment of requirements, test approach, design reviews, FMEA, and specifying and verifying quality and reliability whilst maintaining a good & challenging professional relationship.
- Experience and knowledge of system development, knowledge of HW/SW interfaces.
- Experience and knowledge of computer architecture and the required computer performance for our different software solutions.
- Experience with development in volume production and maintenance of released products
- Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
- Good command of English (both written and verbal).
- Disciplined team worker.
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts and able to create and review technical documents.
- Accurate and quality minded.
- Improvement attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
- Ability to coach, support and direct the Designers / Engineers in a subgroup.
- Ability to communicate on different levels and aware of the means and the effect of communication.
- Capable to introduce efficiency improvements on project level (change management)
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.