Are you ready to be the one who will start a scientific revolution? If yes, then this job is made for you...
As an Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of electrical solutions and components for the company's products. You will collaborate with other designers (mechanical, electrical and thermal), software and firmware developers, hardware designers, and project management to generate detailed requirements, create concepts, evaluate different options, construct the electrical design, assist in the realization of a prototype and testing, and implement improvements. You also contribute to build on the “electrical design” competence within the company, by bringing in experience and knowledge from electrical engineering. You will report to the Project Manager.
Your activities and responsibilities will contain:
• Determine the detailed electrical system requirements, including safety regulations and certifications;
• Design electrical parts based on requirements;
• Construct electrical schematics and wiring diagrams;
• Simulate and test electrical designs;
• Select electrical components and assist in the purchasing of these parts;
• Prepare assembly, installation and test procedures for electronic components;
• Assist in the realization and testing of electrical prototypes;
• Troubleshoot on problems and implement design changes;
• Assist in the realization and testing of (electrical) subsystems;
• Review other electrical designs and advise on design modifications and optimization;
• Identify (potential) problems and pro-actively work on improvements of electronic designs;
• Be the point of contact for colleagues with questions regarding electrical designs and components;
Our client's company brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop a revolutionary high throughput atomic force microscopy system enabling atom-scale resolution 3D metrology at industry-level throughput, based on three pillars:
• Unrivaled measurement speed;
• Parallelization capability;
• Advanced measurement modes.
The company design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced metrology machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to increase the production yields, and thus, the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
We aim to develop leading-edge metrology systems, to be installed at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer’s expectations.
- You have an MSc in electronic engineering, electrical engineering, instrumentation, or equivalent.
- Furthermore, you need to recognize yourself in the profile as described below.
- At least 5 years of experience with electrical layout & integration as electrical designer/developer;
- Broad technical knowledge of electrical and electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics and software;
- Pro-active, problem-solving and hands-on attitude;
- Well-organized and able to work independently;
- Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment;
- Familiar and comfortable with the uncertainty that comes with experimental and engineering challenges;
- Good communication skills (in English);
- Good report writing skills (in English);
- Programming experience (Matlab/Python) is a plus.
SOUND LIKE YOU? - Start your application today by sending your CV!
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.