Cross Border Talents is searching for an Embedded Software Test Engineer with a background in the automotive industry.
Our client is an important outsourcing company with global presence and attending the biggest high-tech industries in Brainport.You know of course Silicon Valley, but in the Netherlands we have Brainport and its High Tech Campus. This is undoubtedly one of the most exciting places to work. Brainport’s many high tech manufacturing companies are employing over 11.000 people from all over the world.
Besides interesting work, Holland offers a very good work life balance. According to the OECD people living in the Netherlands belong to the happiest in the world.
The Software Test Engineer is active in the verification and validation of the software and applications running on the embedded systems. Test scope includes functional testing, platform testing, network management and diagnostics. The test designs are made against the requirements set for the relevant system. The test cases are managed in HP QualityCenter. The tests execution is carried out on hardware-in-the-loop systems.
You work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary and highly dynamic environment for various projects. You cooperate daily with the verification engineers and on a frequent basis with project development stakeholders, such as software and hardware engineers and project lead engineers. You report to the Supervisor of the Verification group within the Verification &Support department.
You enjoy working on developing of complex (embedded) software (systems). The focus will be on software engineering, meaning you will participate in the software development life cycle through connecting the client’s needs with applicable technology solutions. However, some positions can include development or code upgrade.
- Technical education on Bachelor/Master level in Mechanics, Automotive, Electronics,
- Computer Science or comparable
- Strong technical skills in powertrain domain
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according the V-cycle)
- Experience in embedded software testing (minimum of 2-3 years of test experience)
- Knowledge of test techniques (ISTQB is an asset)
- Experience with requirement management
- Experience with HP QualityCenter
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Understanding of Matlab/Simulink
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred
- Demonstrated communication skills, professionalism, result and customer orientation
- Experience in test automation is a plus
- Experience with scrum/agile is a plus
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.