Java DevOps Engineer | Veldhoven, Netherlands
- Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Cross Border Talents is hiring a Senior Java DevOps to work in Veldhoven, The Netherlands in one of our Clients.
Your Role as a Java DevOps Engineer:
- Support the architects in the translation from high level design to work-break down.
- Contribute to the domain architecture pictures
- Maintain the domain/solution.
- Interface Design between JAVA EE modules and when needed our Client factory SAP environment.
- Define software deployment strategies and execute them in case it is required.
- Define test strategies and software tests, set-up (automated) testing.
Your Profile as a Senior Java DevOps Engineer:
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Commercial experience with Java EE – strong preference for Java 8, or 7 acceptable.
- Experience with Java application servers and/or JEE servers, any of:
- JBoss (a.k.a Wildfly)
- Docker / containers
- IBM Websphere
- BEA/Oracle Web Logic
- Apache Tomcat or TomEE
- JPA experience with “Hibernate”. We use this API to interact with the database.
- Apache Maven or Gradle as a build and dependency management tool.
- Git as the source code control system.
- Atlassian tool suite that includes BitBucket/Stash, Confluence and JIRA.
- Configuration management experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Monitoring with tools like Nagios.
- Flexible person, able to work on multiple deliverables, issues in parallel.
- Can do mentality, picks up the tasks that are needed regardless of the content
- Eager, enthusiastic.
- Willing to participate in a project that will take multiple years to complete.
- Works in close cooperation with the project leader, signals bottlenecks on times and with potential solution options.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2018, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.