Junior Android Automation Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal
Our client is looking for a new Junior Android Automation Engineer to help them improve and grow the world’s top-ranking hostel booking application, which has already accrued over 2 million downloads on Android alone.
They are looking for a motivated engineer based in our Porto office. You will join a small but focused team, passionate about Android and committed to delivering quality software. They work in a cross-functional team with our product managers, designers and testers to deliver solutions that delight our customers and leverage the latest Android features.
As a Junior Android Automation Engineer, you will be working together with both the development and the QA team to develop automated integration and UI Instrumented tests, guaranteeing this way the quality of the application.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Implement and maintain UI automated tests for the Android application;
- Implement automated tests to check regressions of bugs that have been fixed;
- Work with the QA and Development team to validate new releases;
- Participate in scoping, estimation, prioritization and sprint planning;
- Review the code of your team.
- Familiarity with Android development;
- Some knowledge of Kotlin or Java language (Kotlin is a plus);
- Experience with version control systems e.g. Git/Mercurial;
- Basic knowledge of API testing with Postman;
- Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems;
- Ability to multi-task well and change focus quickly;
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver;
- Passion for quality;
- Good communication skills;
- Previous experience with automation or app testing is a plus;
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, test and debug existing codebases;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skillset;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar.
- A friendly, positive and enthusiastic person who can work as part of a diverse team.
- Adaptable and hard working.
- Positive and always approachable.
- Willing to take on a new intellectual challenge with a positive attitude.
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Team player.
- Thrives in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Junior Android Automation Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal.
A key role within the team, the responsibility of this role is to provide 1st and 2nd Line desktop support to the business. In addition to demonstrating the technical abilities needed for this role, the successful individual needs to be able to multi-task, manage their workload, be a good communicator, set and manage expectations and be a pro-active team-player.
Located in our Porto office, You will work with all users throughout the business to ensure any issues they have are resolved as quickly as possible with as little disruption to service as possible. You should be comfortable with helping users with a mixed level of technical knowledge and will be focused on incident resolution and root cause identification. An excellent communicator with a keen focus on customer service is a key requirement.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.