Junior Site Engineer | Antwerp, Belgium
- Antwerp, Belgium
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Junior Site Engineer to join one of our Clients in Antwerp, Germany.
The installation engineer is responsible for supervising the installation on the site of the customer and the equipment (or part of it), developed by the teams of the project of the group, while respecting the objectives of the project in particular the deadlines, in integrating safety, quality and environmental standards, and achieving the highest levels of efficiency.
Responsibilities as the Site Engineer:
- Analysis of drawings, technical documents and manuals, construction procedures relating to equipment, implementation of start-up procedures, test files and checklists; definition of procedures for Security for the activities of the site.
- On the site, maintains the necessary contacts for the mission with the client, partners, subcontractors and other stakeholders.
- Availability and verification (checks, tests) of the tools and equipment required for assembly and start-up on the site or with the subcontractor.
- Supervises the assembly, construction and/or start-up according to the contractual planning schedule.
- Provides technical advice to the bulletin support or assembly company until the equipment reaches the initially agreed performance levels.
- Detects and resolves technical issues: debriefing initial comments, analysis, decisions, implementation and recommendations to improve future facilities.
- Updating and sending progress/status reports to the project team regarding the progress of the installation on the site, the construction of the equipment, the start-up or the operating situations, the performance of the equipment, the problems and their origins.
- Verification of final compliance with respect to safety, standards, performance, technical conditions and contractual requirements, in order to obtain acceptance of the equipment by the customer.
- Support the site manager for customer claims management or assembly company if needed.
- Collection and communication of all necessary data in order to ensure an efficient REX for the project (e.g. registers, consumptions, capacities, etc.), including all modified drawings, documents, manuals and software.
- Training for the customer so that he can use the equipment maintenance according to the contractual requirements.
- Prepares a daily activity report with the main activity carried out during the day in terms of assembly, problems encountered, security, site logistics.
- Write the control sheets of all the equipment on the site (validation cards of the machine installation)
- Verifies the conformity of the arrivals on the site, (OPI open package inspection) adaptation of the assembly planning on the basis of availability of the equipment on the premises.
- Followed by the internal punch list or issued by the customer.
- Participation in coordination meetings within the site's team
- Actively promote site security for staff, sub-contractors and the client's staff
Requirements for the Site Engineer Position:
- Superior technical training in electrical engineering
- At least one year of experience
- Fluent in English and French
- Basic knowledge of electricity and Instrumentation
- Be able to write functional analyses and verify their application
- Knowledge of international standards regarding license
- Agreeing to travel frequently
- Autonomous within the perimeter of its function
- Good editorial level
- Method and rigour
- Team spirit
- Synthesis capacity
- Ability to communicate
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.