Cross Border Talents is searching for a Lead Engineer Mechanical Constructions for our client in Veldhoven, Netherlands.
Our client is an important outsourcing company with a global presence and attending the biggest high-tech industries in the Netherlands.
As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering, the group Mechanical Constructions is responsible for the engineering of mainframe constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures, and system to fab interfaces.
As a Lead Engineer, you are responsible for the realization of precision mechanical function development, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost-effectiveness, manufacturability, and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture. You are working within a multidisciplinary project, steering one or more designers in your team. You interface cross-project with Lead Engineers, Architects, and System Engineers.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for mainframe constructions and service mechanisms;
- Creation and validation of new concepts;
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules;
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers;
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability;
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications;
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex systems.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Fluent English
- Authorized to work in the Netherlands at the time of application (EU citizen or valid work permit)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms
- At least 5 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers
- Experienced in 3D CAD NX Siemens
- Experienced in Precision Mechanics
- Knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning, and tolerance
- Experience with evaluating FEM / mechanical Analysis results. Optional: Experience with working with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Track record of hardcore Mechanical Designer mastering Design Principles generating new designs and technical concepts
- Technical communication with suppliers
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness
- Knowledge of machine directives
- The first year of work is offered an outsourced contract. The migration into a permanent and direct contract is possible from the second year on, according to the performance
- Relocation package
- International environment
- 30% tax ruling, when applicable
- Base salary +8% holiday allowance
- 25 vacation days a year
- Travel allowance (home x work x home)
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.