Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Lead Software Engineer to join one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal.
Building upon the success of our Client's current products, they are increasing their technical team to help realize new, complex features in their software platform. The implementation of these features will include regular communication with mechanical engineers, data scientists, software engineers, and other team members. Consequently, we seek software engineers who are excited about solar energy and related engineering concepts and are comfortable shipping production ready code.
Responsibilities as the Lead Software Engineer:
As Lead Software Engineer, you will implement and take ownership of new features. Working closely with the CTO (who is also an active software engineer), you will partake in daily meetings and help communicate timelines and technical challenges to the rest of the team as they pertain to current project scopes.
Your primary code contribution will come in the form of C# using .NET and AutoCAD. You should be comfortable creating layout tools and manipulating coordinate systems, as well as interacting with APIs.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to our Client's AWS microservices written in a range of languages and using various cloud technologies/services.
Requirements for the Lead Software Engineer Position:
- Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience developing and delivering commercial software
- Expert level skill in C#, with experience in other modern programming languages
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming best practices and the ability to realize them in C#/.NET
- Deep understanding of software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience writing plugins/extensions for AutoCAD
- Comfortable consuming REST APIs from C#/.NET
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- Passionate about renewable energy technology and solutions to climate change
- Eligible to work in the European Union
- Strong English language skills
Cross Border Talents' Client offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours
- Open Vacation Policy
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2018, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.