Lead Software Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal
Our client is changing how they build and deploy our software solutions. As part of our exciting journey, they are looking for a passionate and energetic Lead Software Engineer (Full-Stack) that is ready to deploy their skills in building a multi-disciplined development team within their company Supply-side technology division.
The Hostel Supply side of our technical division is responsible for the software which drives our B2B offering. They also own our internal core pricing and inventory systems, which places this role, right at the heart of the organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Build and lead a full stack development team inside our Hostel Supply division to take Hostelworld to the next level
- Leverage your experience and leadership to transform existing functions to drive consistency and efficiency through your strategies and management
- Lead the execution for all things related to our supply platforms including our processes, development and deployment strategies
- Develop robust and scalable Web Applications & API’s for high traffic products
- Define coding standards and ensuring best practices are adhered to
- Work alongside a strong group of enthusiastic and skilled Engineers
- Be responsible for defining your teams' Key Performance Indicators and overseeing their implementation
- Shape the future of multiple products which are already market-leading, visionary, and serving millions of users across the most diverse global industry
- Be a key part of the technology team, interfacing with multiple levels of the organization and helping drive results and outcomes.
- Enjoy being a really great leader. Building and mentoring a world-class software team is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in leading and must be fully adept at handling day to day people management issues.
- 1+ years’ experience leading a software development team in an Agile environment
- 2 years’ experience in building RESTful API’s
- 2 years’ experience in building Frontend Web applications
- Significant experience building web applications with VueJS, PHP, React or Angular (2/4/x)
- Excellent understanding of web application security best practices
- Experience with RxJS or other Reactive programming techniques/libraries
- Experience integrating Web applications with RESTful services
- Experience working with templating engines (Twig, Smarty)
- Proven experience with E2E testing using Protractor, WebDriver, Cypress, TestCafe or similar
- Experience with front-end tooling workflows: Node.js (NPM), SASS/SCSS, WebPack, Angular-CLI
- Experience developing RESTful API’s NodeJS, PHP, Java, .NET Core or similar
- Strong understanding of the most popular design patterns (MVC, SOLID, Dependency injection)
- Excellent knowledge of caching tools (Memcache, Redis, Varnish, Nginx)
- Experience deploying RESTful services to Azure / Amazon Web Services
- Proven understanding and experience of working with Microservices architecture
- Proficient in Unit and Integration testing
- Solid experience of working in a TDD environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Hands-on experience with SQL, NoSQL, Document DB’s or Azure SQL
Who you are:
- You’re a friendly, positive and enthusiastic person who can work as part of a diverse team
- You’re adaptable and hardworking
- Your communication binds teams and works together
- You demonstrate grace under pressure
- You are inspirational and fun
- You’re an excellent listener-you make people feel understood
- You are capable of flexing to different audiences
- You demonstrate superior cross-functional communication
- You are a proactive self-starter
- You’re positive and always approachable
- You thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Lead Software Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.