Master Agreement Negotiator | Porto, Portugal
Junior | Intermediate | Senior
- Porto, Portugal
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Master Agreement Negotiator for a Company in Porto.
The mission and role are for an experienced Master Agreement negotiator (2 years+) and will involve the drafting, negotiation, and completion of various Master Agreements. Candidates should have experience of negotiating with many types of counterparties in a variety of jurisdictions and should be familiar with the review of netting and collateral opinions. Candidates will be working within a team of negotiators, in close collaboration with the Head Office team.
- Negotiation of ISDA, CSA, GMRA and GMSLA Agreements and associated Amendments;
- Upon allocation of new instruction from Paris or London, preparing draft contract from the appropriate template, considering any specific jurisdictional and risk requirements and forwarding draft to counterparty;
- Updating the Master Agreement and Client Services databases with the progress of each name;
- Listening to internally with Front Office, Risk, the rest of the Client Services team, Back Office, Collateral Management, Tax etc.;
- Throughout negotiation process to ensure Master Agreement terms are within agreed parameters;
- Progressing the negotiation as far as possible and updating relevant areas internally of any
delays encountered. Preparing execution copies of Master Agreement;
- Ensuring completed Master Agreement complies with jurisdictional requirements for netting;
- Instructing external counsel as may be necessary;
- Take part in the broader Client Services teamwork by, inter alia, maintaining, updating and following processes implemented by the Client Service Department;
- Participate to the broader onboarding process where requested in order to ensure a smooth client onboarding, i.e. work closely with all other Client Services team members to achieve a smooth onboarding process and take an active part, where needed/requested, to all aspects that the Clients Services is dealing with;
- Ensure smoothness of process in strong coordination with Paris-based Client Services teams.
- Contribute to the transition of processes and knowledge into a newly created team in a nearshore center;
- Participate actively in negotiation on Remediation BMR and STAY.
- Legal Background;
- Previous experience of, at least, 2 years, negotiating a range of Master Agreements (that includes ISDA, CSA, EMA, GMRA, and GMSLA);
- Knowledge of banking regulatory environment;
- Knowledge of netting and collateral opinions;
- Good communication skills in order to facilitate daily contact with internal and external counterparts;
Fluency in English (mandatory);
- Independent user in French (very appreciated).
- You will have access to French classes;
- Certified Technical Training;
- Free coffee and fresh fruits;
- Medical appointment provided by the company;
- Games room;
- Possibility of working from home;
- And more.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.