Mechanical Design Engineer - Opto | Veldhoven, the Netherlands
Intermediate | Senior
- Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Cross Border Talents is searching for a Senior Opto-Mechanics Design Engineer for our client in Veldhoven, Netherlands.
Our client is an important outsourcing company with a global presence and attending the biggest high-tech industries in the Netherlands.
As a Senior Opto-Mechanics Design Engineer you will:
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Uses state-of-the-art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production
The position is part of the department of Mechanical Development, responsible for designing, building, and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The final client is the lead semiconductors industry in manufacturing complex lithography machines for chipmakers.
This position is focused on Precision Mechanics.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Fluent English;
- Authorized to work in the Netherlands in the time of application (EU citizen or valid work permit);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of mechanical designs;
- Experienced in 3D CAD NX Siemens;
- Experienced in Precision Mechanics;
- Experience in DFM and DFX;
- Knowledge of construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance;
- Experience with evaluating FEM / mechanical Analysis results. Optional: Experience with working with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structures;
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness;
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Critical on results
- Creative thinking capability
- Good communication skills
- The first year of work is offered an outsourced contract. The migration into a permanent and direct contract is possible from the second year on, according to the performance
- Relocation package
- International environment
- 30% tax ruling, when applicable
- Base salary +8% holiday allowance
- 25 vacation days a year
- Travel allowance (home x work x home)
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.