Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Mechanical Lead Engineer to join our client in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Our client Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design, and integration of the machines. In this sector, the department of Machine Conditioning DUV Scanner (MC DUV Scanner), specifies, designs and does the functional integration of the various (sub-)modules and architectures related to the
Flow and Thermal domains. The department consists of discipline- and function-oriented groups where the emphasis lies on particular knowledge/skills, architecture or modules in our client machines.
In the position of Lead Engineer, you are responsible for the conceptualization, detailed design and technical product documentation (drawings and other required documents for manufacturing) of Flow and Thermal (sub-)modules. You are the technical lead for an important part of the Flow and Thermal design of lithography tools!
The work consists of a translation of overall system design into a Flow and Thermal design that meets the agreed requirements. Design qualification and proving that the design is working as intended is another important responsibility. You are pro-actively gathering data from suppliers, factory and fields to continuously improve your design for future platforms and upgrades. You are creating a roadmap for the (sub)-modules you own.
You are working in a multidisciplinary team to deliver the committed work items on the team backlog in a quarterly cadence. The Lead Engineer maintains regular alignment with the Sub-Function architect and the product owner. The team size varies from 6 to 10 people, a part of which may be at a co-developer.
- Contribute to feasibility studies in early development phase of (sub-)modules.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for (sub-)modules.
- Steer technical discussions towards the best design solution that meets all requirements. Steer concept design choice, organize and prepare design reviews.
- Drive solution implementation to meet quality and timing.
- Define and execute the final tests to verify the specifications in cooperation with module integration into our client complex systems.
- Create a hardware roadmap based on the (sub-)function roadmap.
- Gather data from the suppliers, the factory and the field as input for the hardware roadmap and share the lessons learned with the technical competencies (Feed Back Loop).
- Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related;
- At least 2 years of experience in designing modules or sub-modules into a Flow and Thermal design (3D modeling and detailed drawings);
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a lead engineer role;
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts;
- Technical communication with suppliers;
- CAD 3D modeling and drawings using Siemens NX software, and implementation of Engineering Change(s) using Siemens Team Center.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem-solving.
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals.
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude.
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal).
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.