Cross Border Talents is actively looking for a Python Project Developer to join one of our clients. A rapidly growing data analytics and machine learning company, operating in a changing world of energy use.
As a Python Project Developer, you build something that matters in various customer development projects, focusing for example on data processing, data storage, data science, or platform billing. Customer development projects can be executed on-site, at the office, or remotely. Being part of our Customer Development team, you work in a high-tech environment with the newest (Google Cloud) technologies, some of which aren’t even available on the market yet.
Always looking out for interesting innovations, you cooperate with your team to effectively use these technologies to improve our platform and your working method. Together with the other Product Developers, you improve and stabilize our platform in a Python environment. At the same time, you work on the development and implementation of new features and functionalities for our customers. This means you work closely together with our (international) customers, sometimes directly on location, to gain an understanding of the requirements and to design, develop, test, and implement new backend applications (focusing on the diverse storage capabilities, data processing layers, and user interfaces).
Who are You?
You are a hardworking, confident, and enthusiastic technology geek with a great sense of humor (or at least you think you have humor). With your creativity, you independently and proactively tackle all customer-related technical back-end challenges. Of course, you dare to ask for help when necessary and you are an open and flexible person who likes to work with different technologies in changing project teams, on-site, at our office, or remotely. You are both a great listeners and explainer.
- Bachelor or Master degree (HBO/WO) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in back-end Python programming
- Minimum of 1 year of consultancy experience
- Significant cloud architecture expertise, preferably on the Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of and experience with relational and time-series data stores, PubSub, and Cloud Dataflow
- A focus on and interest in security, performance, and web protocols
- A positive but thorough attitude towards code reviews
- Ability to communicate and reason about technical design principles
- Understanding of the energy industry isn’t a must, but certainly a big plus!
- Fluent in English, both in writing as well as verbally.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.