Cross Border Talent's Client is looking for a Senior C++ Engineer to join one of our Clients in the Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Within Eindhoven, we have a challenging position for a talented software engineer in the sciences application software team in Eindhoven. This team is responsible for the development of online application software which hides the system complexity by focusing on ease-of-use and automation of customer experiments.
Current applications are for example automated tomography and single particle acquisition. The software engineer will be part of an enthusiastic team. You will be responsible for the full software development cycle of new features, product enhancement, and new applications.
Your Role as a Senior C++ Engineer:
- Software specification based on system performance and customer application requirements in cooperation with the product manager and software scientists
- Develop designs based on a full comprehension of the function, purpose, and application of the product.
- Align on architectural guidelines and re-use of components with other application engineers
- Contribute to the architectural software roadmap of applications using the application roadmaps and vision. Implement and integrate while making practical development choices
given limited design information and defined delivery schedules.
- Troubleshooting and debugging of software programs in a simulation as well as on the microscope systems available for development.
- Conduct bug fixing on existing issues through software implementation, development of test methodologies and performing unit tests.
- Act as the authoritative owner of multiple functional characteristics and/or modules of the specified software application.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. If you enjoy the development of software solutions on top of high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity to change the world. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical software discipline.
- Several years of experience in object-oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment.
- Preference for development experience on top of highly-integrated, high-performance systems. At a minimum, development experience with medium-sized software applications.
- Must demonstrate clear ability to develop effective integration software for complex, high- performance sub-systems and components.
- Able to work on diverse objectives and problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Knowledge of interoperability between different programming languages
Should have proven ability in:
- Object Oriented Design and/or State Modeling
- State-of-the-Art C++ v11/14
- Qt, Boost, STL
Nice to have:
- Image processing
- Multi-threading and code optimisation
- Agile/Scrum Development
- TDD, Unit testing
- Source control management (Git)
- Component Development (ATL/COM)
- Visual C#/.NET
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration (multi-site)
- Good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
- A team player within a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical view combined with a pragmatic and hands-on attitude (flexibility)
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
- Proactively and self-responsibility
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
- Candidate must be able to work in a scrum team in a dynamic product development environment
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.