Cross Border Talents is looking for seasoned software engineers who have experience building data-intensive applications in an industrial/enterprise environment to fill the position of Senior Data Engineer with our client in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
You are expected to handle data from various data sources and determine how best to structure the data in order to provide data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts that are looking to run queries and algorithms against the information for predictive and prescriptive analytics through machine learning.
You will design and implement robust scalable data pipelines on the ecosystems existing in the company and at its customers. You are expected to write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, and provide solutions for ensuring long-term quality and integrity of the data.
The role aims at supporting the development of novel data analytics, visualizations, and control solutions by cutting edge techniques from Machine Learning and Data Mining. Successful methodologies aim to be included in customer applications.
You will be a part of one of the multinational teams which are usually composed of five to seven developers, a Scrum Master, and a Product Owner. All teams follow the Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. All teams cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. Your team uses continuous integration with Git, Jira, and Bamboo.
YOU WILL ALSO:
- Design and implement Data-Intensive Applications, realizing the product backlog defined by the Product Owner.
- Ensure quality of own deliverables, this includes designing and implementing automated tests (on the unit- and integration levels).
- Cooperate with other teams to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture, agree on interfaces, and timing of cross-team deliveries.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and solve integration issues, both from internal alpha and beta tests, as well as reported by the customers.
- Write or update product documentation in accordance with company processes.
- Suggest improvements to the company's technical solutions and way of working, and implement them in alignment with your team and their stakeholders.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
Highly valued qualifications and experiences
- Experience working on practical applications using real-world datasets.
- Hands-on with different data formats (CSV, XML, ARVO, TXT, JSON, etc.)
- Familiarity with statistical languages like R and/or Matlab.
- Handle, analyze, and visualize complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources.
- Experience in building Data-Intensive Applications in an industrial/enterprise environment.
- Experienced in software development (strong coding and testing skills).
- Familiar languages include Python, Java, etc.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational (document, columnar, graph) database architectures.
- Experience with frameworks from the big data ecosystem’s (Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc).
- Experience with orchestration and containerization is a plus (Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos DC/OS).
- Strong ability to communicate and negotiate designs of data pipelines with Data Architects and Data Scientists.
- Enthusiastic and intrinsically motivated, creative thinker.
- Good and proactive communication in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
- Taking responsibility, self-propelling.
- Goal-oriented and flexible mindset, willing to acquire lithography and other semiconductor manufacturing knowledge.
- Competitive salary based on your experience;
- One year contract-to-hire employment;
- 30% tax ruling;
- 26 holiday days;
- Relocation help;
- Dutch courses;
- Apply for this job.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering, and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.