Senior Product Designer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal
Who doesn’t like traveling? Come and join our new multidisciplinary and international team in our mission to build a unified and unique experience for millions of travelers out there. Hostelworld is one of the world’s fastest-growing online travel companies which include in its portfolio many market-leading brands targeted at the independently minded traveler.
As a strategic part of our Product team, the Product Designers play a key role in every step – from initial brainstorming sessions and creative concepts to launch. In addition to creating the best user experience for our web products, we have a broad suite of mobile apps on platforms including iOS and Android.
We are looking for designers who can see beyond the obvious and can execute on a vision for what modern customer experience could become. You'll be performing research, creating wireframes and user flows, designing and testing side by side with other designers, product owners and a cross-functional engineering team responsible to deliver features on specific product areas.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Problem Solving. You need to be a data-driven designer that will base your decisions on data and information gathered through User research, A/B Testing and other sources.
- You will study metrics and feedback with a view to evaluating the usability of our web platforms.
- Design mockups through to finished layouts for our web platforms, working with the product manager, the development team and business stakeholders to refine the design.
- Present design concepts to the team to demonstrate interactive elements and user flows.
- Drive new technologies within the team to help create products with best in class design.
- Perform Usability Testing sessions to validate your designs through an iteration process.
- Driving peers and stakeholders through collaborative UX frameworks and processes
- 5+ years of experience working with UX/UI frameworks, processes and tools
- Experience/Knowledge of Design Systems and creating documentation
- Have experience with online UX/UI design within a feedback-driven design process.
- Have a basic understanding of how the technology and platform guidelines impact design decisions on the e-commerce web of today.
- Be proficient with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop and other UI and Prototyping tools.
- All applicants must provide a link to an online portfolio that showcases the best examples of their previous work. Ideally, the portfolio should include a mix of website and marketing layouts.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Be a creative thinker and good at problem-solving through design.
- Possess strong communication skills across all mediums.
- Be able to operate well with changing demands and deadlines.
- Have knowledge of contemporary trends and techniques in web and mobile design.
- Be able to design for maximum usability and site performance.
- Be able to understand and pick up new systems or processes quickly.
- Have a flexible attitude, with the ability to work individually and as a part of a team.
- Understand responsive design principles, particularly how responsive layouts behave for different screen sizes.
- Be motivated to contribute ideas for a wider team benefit.
- Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Proactiveness and autonomy. We value people that are self-driven taking responsibility to drive their tasks successfully.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong English capabilities, both in speaking and writing.
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Senior Product Designer to work at one of our Clients in Porto, Portugal.
With offices in Dublin, London, Porto, Shanghai and Sydney, our client is proud to have been officially recognized by the Great Place To Work Institute as a Best Workplace for 2017. They embrace diversity with over 30 different nationalities and a more or less even male/female split.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.