Cross Border Talents is hiring a Senior Software Designer to join one of our Clients in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Your Role as a Senior Software Designer:
The Sr. Software Designer contributes to the maintenance and expansion of the Basic Specification and the design of the Tunnel Technical Installations (part of the technical tunneling standard).
He/she understands the complexity and cohesion (integrality) of the tunnel standard and must be able to translate (additional) customer wishes into requirements. Together, with the other software designers and system architects, the senior software designer will be the "guardian" of the tunnel standards and will supervise the correct application in tunnels to be constructed or modified by participating in reviews.
This function is not for someone with a lot of experience in 'tunneling country', but someone with good software skills and experience in technical software.
- Contribute to the management of the Basic Specification Tunnel Technical Installations by processing the results of the practical application of the tunnel standards in tunnel projects, via updates of the said standards.
- Drawing up new, or changed, requirements from customers analyzing the requirements. These requirements are clearly defined in the BSTTI in specifying text and in pseudo code.
- Contribute to the continuous testing of this BSTTI by using a simulator (written in Java, via a continuous build and integration process).
- Advising on change requests for adjustment and expansion of the tunnel standard and the controlled implementation of approved changes.
- Specialist advice and support for tunnel projects and tunnel managers in the correct application of the technical tunneling standards.
- Contribute to reviews of the tunnel projects through the substantive technical assessment of demand specifications, design documents, integration documents, test documents, partial plans (RAMS, Verification & Validation, test plans, maintenance plans), etc. aimed at guaranteeing the coherence and the correct application of the architectural principles underlying the tunnel standard.
- Take part in the daily stand-up.
Your Profile as a Senior Software Designer:
- Experience in all aspects of software development (specification, design, implementation, testing, integration, ...);
- Experience in Systems Engineering in complex technical projects;
- Experience in Requirements Engineering;
- SW architecture knowledge, experience in UML / SysML is useful;
- Analytically strong;
- Academic working and thinking level;
- Interested in technology;
- Knowledge and experience with system integration and system architecture;
- Sense of social and political-administrative relations;
- Experienced in Java, to further develop and maintain our tunnel simulator;
- Experience in C ++ or C #, PLC knowledge is useful,
- Experience in Antlr and VBA (scripting) is an advantage;
- Experience with continuous construction and integration techniques for software systems (Jenkins);
Interested? Press that Apply button! :)
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2018, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.