Software Development Team Leader | Lisbon, Portugal
- Lisbon, Portugal
Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Software Development Team Leader to join one of our Clients in Lisbon, Portugal.
Our Client is a silicon-valley funded startup currently expanding and looking for talented software engineers to join their R&D team.
Responsibilities as the Software Development Team Leader:
- Manage a team of 20 highly skilled robotics software developers
- General availability
- Plan development timeline according to requirements from various stakeholders
- Deliver mission-critical products on time and budget
- Deliver weekly progress reports to management
- Implement best software practices of advanced control methods for autonomous robots using ROS, algorithms for vision, localization, navigation, grasping and learning
- Hardware/Software integration - Integrate robotics with associated peripherals, controllers or other equipment
- Implement QA methodologies involving software running continuously on real robots
- Code style / Code documentation and managing an impeccable User manual
- Take part in Patents registry
- Interview and recruit developers continuously
Requirements for the Software Development Team Leader Position:
- Experience as team manager of at least 15 people over the last 3 years, with direct reporting to CEO or CTO.
- MUST have strong Python or C++ knowledge, advanced Linux
- Strong knowledge in OOP / Architecture
- Strong knowledge in QA tools, such as Unittest / Regression testing
- Strong knowledge in SCRUM
- Strong knowledge of JIRA or equivalent
- Experience in delivery projects under short-term schedule and addressing clients’ needs.
- Experience in updating versions at clients’ sites
- Experience in working with real-time systems, networking, data acquisition, motor control, variety of sensors, numerical methods and knowledge of algorithms in vision and optimization
- Masters / PhD in computer science / electrical engineering / robotics / similar field with a background in Critical Systems Industry
Cross Border Talents' Client offer:
- Position in a highly motivated multidisciplinary start-up team.
- A competitive full-time payment negotiable based on experience;
- Plenty of opportunity for growth, learn and development;
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.