Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Software Support Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Prague, Czech Republic.
Your Role as a Software Support Engineer :
The Software Support Engineer is a operations and application related position with responsibility for monitoring and attending their client’s service requests, incidents, new features and any other related technical assistance required to support their main product; online casino platform for operators. You will be part of the 5-6 people Operations team located in Prague with support and help from the main DevOps department located in Costa Rica and Dev department in Prague.
Our Client's Operations team is a mostly self-sufficient unit for troubleshooting incidents and handling requests from clients with the support of other involved teams, so it’s not just forwarding tickets to other engineers. They proactively monitor their platform, predict problems, deploy new releases of their product. Their main clients are operators of the platform, so they are not handling first level T1 customer support, but only advanced tasks from level T2 and T3 and therefore our Client needs an experienced engineer with at least basic work experience in similar environments.
Daily Life in the Operations' Team:
- The Operations team is constantly monitoring and troubleshooting the casino platform for our customers following our ticketing system and established workflows.
- There is always one member taking the role of Shift manager and handling prioritization of the incidents and request using the approach of analyzing the overall impact on the platform. Being the main point of contact for the operations department at a given point in time
- The team is also doing scheduled maintenance operations over production environments, keeping the service levels within the agreed timeframes.
- Execute platform upgrades, set up new client environments, performs data migrations and moves of websites, databases and application servers
- Alerts about high impact incidents and takes action, following the respective major incidents handling procedure.
- When the Operations team can´t handle it alone they escalate the problem to other departments and providers, keeping the flow of how the problem is processed and informing clients
- Communicates with Customers and Account Managers to ensure their needs are covered.
- Creates high quality documentation based on his/her work experience and knowledge.
- Experienced members can provide internal training to other Support Engineers
- Every idea or innovative approach is taking into account as we have the tendency of following agile methodologies
Your Profile as a Software Support Engineer :
- Knowledge of working with SQL Server
- Basic experience with scripting languages (preferably PowerShell).
- Adept at Windows base services
- High level verbal and written English skills as the company and clients are multinational
- Experience with customer support with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to accept positive criticism for personal development
- Be able to resolve problems with analytical approach and commitment to finishing the tasks
Nice skills to have:
- Strong SQL and database design experience.
- Experience in developing .Net based applications
- ITIL best practices knowledge, it’s possible to learn in the process
Cross Border Talents' Client offer:
Work in progressively growing multinational, young spirit environment of creative people.
Daily Life in our Client's Company:
Our Client starts the day with breakfast in their kitchen. Then they have a small meeting to review what happened last day and what needs to be done this day.
During the day, when you feel tired you can use their relaxing space to play fuzzball, compete with others on PlayStation games or just relax in one of the sofas. There is also a possibility to work from home when you feel sick, or you have need of it when it doesn’t break the flow of the team. There are regular Friday afternoon meetings with beer and food in our Client's kitchen.
Interested? Press that Apply button! :)
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2018, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.