Cross Border Talent is hiring a Software Support Engineer to join one of our Clients in Prague, Czech Republic.
The Software Support Engineer is an operations and application related position with responsibility for monitoring and attending client’s service requests, incidents, new features and any other related technical assistance required for supporting our client’s main product.
You will be a part of the 6 people Operations team located in Prague with support and help from the main Operations department located in Malaysia and Dev department in Prague. Our Client's Operations team is, mostly, self-sufficient unit for troubleshooting incidents and handling requests from clients with the support of other involved teams, so it’s not just forwarding tickets to other engineers.
Our Client proactively monitors their platform, predict problems, deploy new releases of their product. Their main clients are operators of the platform, so they are not handling first level T1 customer support, but only advanced tasks from level T2 and T3 and therefore they need an experienced engineer with at least basic work experience in similar environment.
Your Role as a Software Support Engineer:
- Operation team is constantly monitoring and troubleshooting the client’s platform for its customers, following their ticketing system and established workflows.
- There is always one member taking the role of Shift manager and handling prioritization of the incidents and request with the approach to analyze the impact to the whole platform and being the main point of contact for the operations department in a given point in time
- The team is also doing scheduled maintenance operations over production environments, keeping the service levels within the agreed time frames.
- Execute platform upgrades, set up new client environments, performs data migrations and moves of websites, databases and application servers
- Alerts about high impact incidents and takes action following the respective major incidents handling procedure.
- When Operation team can ?t handle it alone we escalate the problem to other departments and providers, keeping the flow of how the problem is processed and informing clients
- Communicates with Customers and Account Managers to ensure their needs are covered.
- Creates high-quality documentation based on his/her work experience and knowledge.
- Experienced members can provide internal training to other Support Engineers
- Every idea or innovative approach is taking into account as our Client has a tendency to follow agile methodologies
Your Profile as a Software Support Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering) or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Proficient English skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight schedules
- Knowledge of working with SQL Server
- Basic experience with scripting languages (preferably PowerShell)
- Adept at Windows based services
- Experience with customer support with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to accept positive criticism for personal development
- Be able to resolve problems with an analytical approach and commitment to finishing the tasks
Nice To Have:
- Strong SQL and database design experience
- Experience in developing .Net based applications
- ITIL best practices knowledge, it’s possible to learn in the process
Cross Border Talents' Client offer:
- Full-time position, on-site, in Prague, Czech Republic
- Competitive salary, based on your skills and performance
- Nice working environment, new offices, and awesome international team
- Meal vouchers
- 12 sick days, unlimited paid vacations
- MultiSport Card
- Pensions Savings
- Personal and professional development ensured (training, courses…)
- Relocation Package
Our Client starts the day with breakfast in their kitchen. Then they have a small meeting to review what happened last day and what needs to be done this day.
During the day, when you feel tired you can use their relaxing space to play fuzzball, compete with others on PlayStation games or just relax in one of the sofas. There is also a possibility to work from home when you feel sick, or you have need of it when it doesn’t break the flow of the team. There are regular Friday afternoon meetings with beer and food in our Client's kitchen.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.