Cross Border Talents are actively looking for a Technical Consultant for one of our clients in the energy, a rapidly growing data analytics and machine learning company, operating in a changing world of energy use.
As a technical consultant, your main responsibility is the implementation of our own software within the infrastructure of our client. This involves a technical and a business part. The technical part implies the setup and improvement of the client’s infrastructure, security and cloud management. Together with the development team, you are responsible for the infrastructure that fits the requirements of the client. Moreover, you coach the client in writing their own configurations (in Python code) and the integration within the software landscape of the customer.
As a consultant, you listen to the customer’s requirements to help them understand their business problems. The result is that you design a solution or a PoC for their challenges and propose this to the development team(s). This consultancy can be executed on-site,at the office, or remotely. You work in a high-tech environment with the newest(Google) cloud technologies, some of which aren’t even available on the market yet. Always looking out for interesting innovations, you cooperate with the development team to effectively use these technologies to improve our platform and your working method.
You are enthusiastic and communicative with a good sense of humor. You can listen carefully and understand business challenges. With your creativity, you independently and proactively are able to come up with smart solutions that benefit the customer. You are an expert in communicating these solutions to the client and the development team through a solution design or a PoC. Besides this, you are able to manage the (cloud) infrastructure to fit our SaaS solution to the requirements of the client.
- Multiple years (min. 2 years) of experience as a consultant;
- Ability to communicate and reason about concrete solution designs;
- Bachelor or Master degree (HBO/WO) in Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with cloud infrastructure/management;
- A good understanding of security and access management;
- Basic understanding of web protocols and RESTful APIs;
- Familiarity with Python or another programming language;
- Familiarity with databases (relational and non-relational);
- Experience with using and configuring Unix systems;
- Fluent in English, both in writing as well as verbally;
- Understanding of the energy industry isn’t a must, but certainly a big plus!
- Strong, professional, and customer-oriented communication skills;
- Ability to design creative solutions to customer problems;
- Ability to push back and protect developers from changing customer requests;
- Flexible in working hours & attitude;
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.