Technical Solution Consultant | Utrecht, the Netherlands
Intermediate | Senior
- the Netherlands, The Netherlands
Cross Border Talents is actively looking for a Technical Solution Consultant for one of our clients in the Netherlands.
Cross Border Talents is actively looking for a Technical Consultant for one of our clients in the energy, a rapidly growing data analytics and machine learning company, operating in a changing world of energy use. In this world, we move away from fossil fuels transitioning to a diverse Energy Mix and a change from centralized to distributed generation. People and communities care about energy efficiency and want to be engaged in reducing their environmental impact. This requires a rethink of the structure and suppleness of the Smart Grid and its systems. Data is fuelling the industry, our client has taken the responsibility in putting these disparate data streams and stores to use with high tech energy intelligence to solve today’s information challenges.
- As a technical consultant, your main responsibility is the implementation of our own software within the application landscape of our client. This involves a technical and a business part. You are the data engineer/scientist in charge of the technical part that involves the design, development, and testing of business rules (in Python code) that operate on our client’s datasets. The rules can be validation, estimation, detection, aggregation, or forecast rules, some of which use side-inputs like weather data or machine learning techniques.
- In close cooperation with your functional colleague, you orchestrate the pluggable rules into flows that execute the core business processes of our energy clients at a cloud-scale.
- You create automated test cases for each flow design. Moreover, you coach the client or implementation partners in writing their own configurations (in Python code), data migrations, and scheduling of business flows.
- As a consultant, you listen to the customer’s requirements to help them understand their business problems. The result is that you and your functional colleagues design a solution or a PoC for the Client’s challenges and propose this to the Commercial team.
- This consultancy can be executed on-site, at the office(preferred), or remotely. You work in a high-tech environment with the newest (Google) cloud, analytics, and machine learning technologies.
- Always looking out for interesting innovations, you cooperate with the Product team to effectively use these technologies to improve our platform, business use cases, and your working method.
Who are you?
You are enthusiastic and communicative with a good sense of humor. You can listen carefully and understand business challenges. With your creativity, you independently and proactively are able to come up with smart solutions that benefit the customer. You are an expert in designing, implementing, testing, and documenting technical solutions.
- Minimal 2 years (min. 10 years for an architect) of experience as a consultant;
- Experience in enterprise system implementation projects, preferably at energy and utility companies;
- Ability to communicate and reason about concrete solution designs;
- Bachelor or Master degree (HBO/WO) in Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Experience with Python (pandas);
- Good developer skills (design, develop, unit test, document);
- Writing BDD (Behaviour driven design) style test scripts (Gherkin);
- Familiarity with databases (relational and non-relational) and SQL;
- A good understanding of security and access management;
- Good understanding of web protocols and RESTful APIs;
- Experience with using and configuring Unix systems;
- Fluent in English, both in writing as well as verbally;
- Understanding of the energy industry isn’t a must, but certainly a big plus.
- Strong, professional, and customer-oriented communication skills;
- Ability to design creative solutions to customer problems;
- Ability to push back and protect your project team from changing customer requests;
- Reliable and responsible;
- Flexible in working hours & attitude;
- Willing to travel.
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. We’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to be removed from our mailing list? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.