Are you ready to be the one who will start a scientific revolution? If yes, then this job is made for you...
As an Ultrasound/Acoustic Metrology Researcher you will:
- You will be involved in the research and development (R&D) of the next generation ultrasound imaging systems for metrology applications.
- You are also able to translate the customer needs in acoustic metrology.
- You will be trusted to recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate.
- You will also advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
- You will report directly to the CTO;
- Develop metrology concepts based on ultrasound/acoustic imaging and detection. By theoretical analysis and simulations (including wave propagation simulations in FEM and MATLAB), design and building working prototypes, you show how the Proof-of-Concept and address technical challenges of our customers;
- Research into high-resolution ultrasound/acoustic imaging devices and sensors and research in building experimental set-ups for proof-of-concept of acoustic metrology for the envisioned applications.
You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with the most creative minds in science and technology to develop a revolutionary high throughput atomic force microscopy a system enabling atom-scale resolution 3D metrology at industry-level throughput, based on three pillars:
- Unrivaled measurement speed;
- Parallelization capability;
- Advanced measurement modes.
You will develop a revolutionary machine which will certainly be a turning point for the future of science.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on acoustic/ultrasound simulations and experiments;
- A second degree in Physics, Mathematics, or other relevant disciplines is preferred;
- Experience in building practical experimental set-ups based on acoustic metrology and imaging is highly preferred.
- Experience in measurement analysis;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment, with suppliers and co-developers, to ensure timely realization of competitive, high precision, complex components, and assemblies;
- A wide experience in acoustic metrology and imaging.
- An understanding of the semiconductor industry and the challenges this industry faces in the area of nano-metrology and nano-manufacturing.
- Prepared written technical reports on an independent basis;
- Quality orientation;
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training, and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab or cleanroom environment);
- Experience in the field of semiconductor equipment
- Experience in building practical experimental set-ups based on acoustic metrology and imaging
- A second degree in Physics, Mathematics
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Team player
- Pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude
- Commitment to achieving results on time
SOUND LIKE YOU? - Start your application today by sending your CV!
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2019, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.