Cross Border Talents is recruiting a Windows Engineer to work at one of our Clients in Luxembourg.
Windows Engineers are part of the second/third level support for our Client's end user services infrastructure. Engineers must demonstrate technical competence, maintain and manage critical infrastructure/systems and ensure the highest level of availability, performance, and security.
The team of engineers shall collectively possess the technical skills (e.g. FIM, MIM, SCCM, AD, ADFS, File and print server Management, Exchange Server Management, etc.) to be able to cover the entire scope of technologies described in Section 4.8 Microsoft Server Applications Engineering Services (onsite continuous).
This role will also be called upon to assist application developers and all operational teams.
Windows Engineers will have the responsibilities listed below, as well as take charge of the services described in Section 4.7 End User Engineering Services (onsite continuous) and Section 4.8 Microsoft Server Applications Engineering Services (onsite continuous).
Your Role as a Windows Engineer:
- Focus on continuous improvement, automation and keeping systems running with optimal effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage the resolution of IT incidents and fulfillment of service requests as applicable
- Provide assistance for other processes such as release management, change management support etc.
- Play a key role in troubleshooting incidents (including indicators or precursors) in a timely manner, and coordinate changes between internal infrastructure teams and development teams
- Document processes and procedures and keep relevant infrastructure documentation up-to-date
- Provide assistance in guiding users in formulating requirements, provide advice on alternative courses of action and conduct feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Conduct evaluations, testing, and integration of new operating systems, drivers and patches
Your Profile as a Windows Engineer:
- Experience in installing configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows-based environments
- Experience with virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Problem-solving skills
- Flexible and stress resilient
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a co-operative way
- Knowledge of ITIL processes, ticketing systems, and CMDB
- Experience with multiple scripting languages (as a minimum good level of Microsoft Windows PowerShell is required)
- Ability to operate effectively in a high-pressure situation
- Experience with the technologies in the scope
- Experience in developing and maintaining documentation
- Spoken and written interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- One or more vendor domain certifications: e.g. MCSE
Interested? Press that Apply button! :)
Respecting your privacy (and your right to inbox sanity), we have a simple question. In 2018, we’ll publish several high-quality job posts and articles on topics like ICT, Engineering and Business Process Outsourcing. Would you like to stay connected? Due to new data privacy laws, we need your permission to keep sharing this great content. Please let us know.